Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dude

First of all,

Dude they planted triploids behind Grandma Romm's house?!?! Pois é. Right as I leave the country. So I got the picture you sent mom, but you only sent one old one that he took before I left, I don't understand lol. Tell Elder Clark I say hello and I love him. Oh and this is how it works I guess, you guys have to call me on mothers day, but on Saturday I'll call you and tell you the phone number and for sure what time, but right now I'm like 83 percent sure it'll be at 8 A.M. your time 2 P.M. my time. I guess they used to use skype to talk on mothers day but the president kiboshed it this month, that would've been sweet lol. So things have been pretty sweet, we found 2 families and a few other people that we are going to baptize - (I think it has a z....Batisar...batizar...baptise...baptize.nem sei) because the Lord just handed them to us lol. We went to the temple today! The Curitiba temple is huge and way, way cool inside. Pretty amazing. I had another firs time experience this week. I was doing contacts in another city because my comp had a leadership meeting and we walked into a store and we met one of my investigators that worked as manager there. She saw us and came up to us. Only i noticed that she was coming a little fast...She kept getting closer and hadn't slowed down...still not slowed down. So I stuck my hand out to shake her hand but she kinda blew by that ploy. Then she went in for a hug and kiss like is common here. I had to do some very quick thinking so I kinda did a sidestep stiff arm in panic and so she only got like a half hug / awkward pose thing...and I just said "oh we cant really do that..." People I'm telling you it was so awkward that it tasted bad when it came out of my mouth. The taste stayed for at least 6 hours afterwards too. She hasn't come to church yet and we went by last night to see if she would come this week and she said for sure that she was gonna go this time because she was really curious. Maybe that was the awkward moment she had been needing to make her wonder just what the heck is wrong with these Mormons. We'll see =] Other than that its been more of the same. I'm starting to teach better. Slowly. But its an improvement and Im soooo thankful for it. And I think Portuguese is finally taking over my brain because I've really struggled to write this letter; like seriously its been tough to decide how to word things. And I never could spell so there's that too. Mas eu amo vocês!! E boa sorte com as coisas la gente =] Paz e amor

Elder Romm

Oh ps I never got a camera chord so I'll just send the chip home =]

No comments:

Post a Comment