Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Transfers!!

Mommy + Family,

Hey mom, I’m glad that you had a great week at the coast! I really miss the ocean lol. I love what you said about centering your life around the gospel, it’s very true. Yesterday I taught the plan of salvation to an investigator with a member all by myself, it was scary. But I also learned something. While I was explaining about what it is that we came to this earth to complete and what our purpose was I realized that I said almost nothing about those things that I was missing from home. We really have a great purpose and a great reward; and when you clear all the other junk off the path you really realize that it actually is straight and narrow. The gospel is amazing, it makes sense, it makes life clearer, its definitely more interesting than any earthly thing, and it gives me real strength. I've already changed so much! I remember when I feared talking to somebody at the cash register haha. It’s hard, but anything worthwhile always is =P

This last week we baptized Linda, it was another miracle. The Lord knows when people are prepared. When we went to interview her I thought for sure she wouldn't pass, because she stopped drinking coffee for just one day. But we brought with us our secret weapon. Elder Dos Santos. He's a Brazilian version of Brad lol. When we found out that she wanted to be baptized after the interview I was kind of shocked and thought that it was too early. I told my comp that we probably should wait a week. Because she said that she would like to wait a week and also she was ADDICTED to coffee. But my comp went ahead with it anyways. After her baptism she came up to us with tears in her eyes and just thanked us for changing her life and said she'd make us cake or something. My comp kind of rubbed it in my face for a while but I like to think that he was just trying to say that we don't know what could have happened during the week if we didn’t baptize her when she was prepared.

Oh and I got transferred! My new area is more like the city now and my new comp is Elder R. Gomes, he's a Brazilian and only has a little more than a year in the mission. He's from Sao Paulo and kind of quiet. Maybe he'll give me a chance to talk =P haha jk my other comps always gave me a chance I just never took it.

Alright, Jesse, happy b day you old turd. I love you guys, and have a good week!!

Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment