Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Mission President

Hey Family!
So yesterday we had zone conference with our new president, he’s from Utah and is way, way into fly-fishing and camping. And they brought with them their two of their kids. Real Americans! It was actually pretty weird to talk with them. Americans are pretty strange. It was funny to watch their confused little faces when all the American missionaries tried to speak English with them and all that came out was portanglish.

Transfers are next week, I’ll find out whether I stay or go on my birthday, I’ll be 20 -what the?, and I don’t know what will happen. If I stay we will baptize about 8 people in July, but I’m getting tired of doing contacts and being reject by the same people a second time around lol. This last Sunday we taught a family of five and they are awesome. We marked 5 baptismal dates with them for the 18th of July and they are going to get baptized for sure. They are sooo funny. It was like I was teaching a first lesson to my own family. My companion pretty much called the dad ancient and everybody almost died laughing lol. He was talking about how he saw one of the chapels when it was being built in the neighborhood next to ours and my comp was like, "Yea, it’s a way old building." Also we got a new ward mission leader, he got home from the mission this last week and he's way fired up and was an amazing missionary. Hmm I’m convincing myself to that I want to stay here...lol. We told Claudia and Sheina that one of us was probably leaving last week. They didn't think that was cool. I laughed though, just to break the awkward silence.

Sounds like its hot there and the bass are starting to bite. And what the Wayne got married? Gah! I would just like to state for the record that I totally called it. The picture turned out good though, para bems su safadinho =P I forgot if I said anything about this already...oh well. I love you guys CTR and read your scriptures, oh and has anyone heard from Cam in Japan?

Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment