Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June 1, 2011

Dear Family,

This week has started out a little rough.  The end of last week was pretty good, we baptized Nilza!  She is such a funny lil old lady. It was such a awesome experience to be able to teach her.  She suffered a stroke like 20 years ago and so she had problems walking and such but she is so sweet.  It was so hilarious when we taught her because ever since the first message we shared with her she recognized our message as pure truth. Never in one moment she doubted, its incredible.  She would always say funny stuff about her old Church's that she went to, like how they are all run by "the beast down below."  We laughed a lot.  She always told us that she had to get baptized asap because she was waiting to die. We always told her that surely it wasn't so.  We baptized her on Sunday afternoon and on Monday afternoon she suffered another stroke and has lost a lot of memory and ability to walk and talk.  She remembers that she was baptized and is telling her daughter and grandson that they have to be baptized before she goes and that she is just going to leave everything in the Lord's hands now.  

This is the second time in my mission something like this happened.  Its pretty difficult for her family now.  I feel so good that the members here have really stepped up to help them out.  They have all come together to buy things they need and volunteered to help with anything they need.  It all works out too perfectly to be just by chance.

Transfers are on the 8th of June, I'm not sure if i want to leave the area. It doesn't feel like I'm going to leave so we'll see what happens.  I've been studying a ton about repentance lately and I'm getting a little bit more of an understanding about our dependence upon the plan of redemption.  My responsibility and my purpose as a missionary is getting clearer everyday.  Sometimes it makes me a little frustrated that it seems like I'm the only one with the whole picture; but it drives me to always better myself at helping others fit together the pieces.  I love my job, its a rough one, but it is very, very needed.

I love you guys, I know the Lord is watching out for my family so be happy and don't let any blessing pass by unnoticed or unrecognized!  Enjoy them all!! (after all that's why we're here =P)

Love Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment