Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Miracles Happen

Hey Family!

It was good to hear from you guys this week.  The pictures of that fish made a little bit trunky but I'm nearly over already.  (I sent it to my President so he'll be trunky too for sure).  How is the weather there these days?  Looks cold and awesome.

This Monday is the end of the transfer so we're gonna see who stays and who will go.  My comp is a lil nervous, he wants to stay and baptize these people we are teaching right now because he's been working in this area forever without a baptism.  I hope he stays because we are about to baptize a family that have become amazing friends of ours.  Fabio and Danielle.  They are pretty great.  They only need to get married to be baptized.  We had a really great experience with them this last week.  We didn't know how we were going to teach them about the law of chastity because we didn't want to offend them because we started teaching them like 2 weeks ago, but they need to hurry and start their papers to be married if me and Elder Van Horn will be here to baptize them.  So during companion study one morning we prayed to make a lesson plan that would help them feel the spirit testify to them that they should get married and in a way that would help edify them.  We planned on teaching based on the family.  We used a piece of paper and drew a picture of a family in the center of a heart.  We explained that Heavenly Father cares about every one of his children more than we can imagine and for that reason he desires to send them to families with a firm foundation where they can learn more about the gospel and one day return to live with him.  We put the heart there to symbolize marriage and said that when we are married we are doing what Heavenly Father wants and so he puts us under his protection and blessing.  Then we drew a bunch of sharp arrows aimed towards the heart and I explained about all the things that exist in the world that we are warned will destroy our families, and which things are prohibited by this law of God called the law of chastity.  Now, I have never cried in a lesson, even during a really spiritual first lesson I have only gotten choked up in the first vision a few times.  But in the moment that I started to testify about how much the Lord is personally concerned about each and every one of our families and how each one of these dangerous arrows would destroy our families if we didn't avoid them; I felt the most intense feeling of love come over me.  I could not possibly describe for these two people in front of me how much the Lord loved them and was waiting for them to make the right choices so that he could bless them.  I said with tears running down my face and my voice shaking "Fabio and Danielle, the Lord knows what he's doing, my family has lived this law, and I cannot express to you the love that I have for my family, and how strong a relationship we have.....We want this for your family."  

Mom, Dad, thank you so much for you love and examples through the years.  I love my family more than anything and am so grateful to be here serving the Lord to try and give just a little back for all the millions of precious moments I have been able to share with my family because of the blessing of the atonement and gospel of Christ in my life.  If I can help but one family experience what I have experienced in my home it would be worth all the trials Brazil can throw at me.

At the end of this lesson Fabio bore his testimony of how he knows that the things we have taught them are true and said "I know that i want this for my life.  I'm going tomorrow to see when we can be married."

This Gospel is true, the Lord is very much involved with this work and with our families.  Miracles do happen.

Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment