Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey everyone! So I'm leaving for the Field on march 16 so I'll get you the Curitiba Mission Home address next week if you guys don't have it already. Brad, rock on man. You guys made it to state!? that's really cool. I was thinking about some of your jokes this past week and consequently had several seeming random laughing attacks, I think my district thinks I'm going insane. Hah. They would only be half right. Jesse, I have also been thinking of you, this just makes me cry though. Just kidding. Or am I? I really miss my old companions =[ (Brad + Jess + Dylan) Derlon! you should write me! Seriously though. There is this Elder in my district is a Californian surfer version of you, he cracks me up because he reminds me of you. For example, we were playing basketball and he came to guard me and he was like, "elder romm, just hold still so i can gaze into your eyes." - what the what? I'm pretty sure you have said that to me within the last 6 months. He also looks like the Avatar guy, not the human version. its sweet. Sisters! Steph I cant open your pictures because these computers are way way slow, but you can keep sending them and I'll look at them whenever I get a better connection =] Tell Gordon I say "Dinosaur, green, and Jesus loves you" he'll know what it means, we have a secret language. And tell Clark thanks for drawing a t-rex chasing me! I read the symbolism as the dinosaur as Satan and its actually very encouraging so thanks Clarky! Sarah! How is life? I just wanna say I love you, and also tell Quinners thanks for the email and your translation, made my day =] Shellie how is charly? =] I love you too though just fyi. I don't remember if you asked me a question last week or not, I'm trying to remember...I miss playing wii sword fighting, I tried beating my companion with a broom but it just wasn't the same =[ Oh and Steph ask Jared if he ever served with an Elder Piçonha on his mish for me, thx

Yesterday we had a fireside from one of my teachers uncles, he's and area 70 of Brazil, and so is her dad! its crazy, and also her brother is the AP in the Curitiba mission so we'll meet him when we go there.
I was wondering if you guys could send me the lyrics for I'm trying to be like Jesus, because this has become a favorite of mine. I've been learning and thinking a lot about Christlike attributes lately and it is a cool song. And it makes sense! We are here to follow Christs example, and its really interesting how so much in this world testifies and reminds us of Christ, i read a cool scripture in 2 Peter 19-25 I think it was that talked about patience vs Christlike patience and it makes sense when you think of why bad things happen to good people, that combined with D+C 121:8. I'm trying to be like Jesus. In all i do and say. Its really important in missionary work because people can see our testimonies before we even open our mouths if we have Christ in our countenance. That's what I'm going to work on. that and Portuguese. Nephi didn't know how to build a boat but you know who did? that's right. I love you all choose the right because its the right and you get blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment