Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Monday, June 28, 2010

My First Baptism

Boa tarde Todos!

So I’m emailing a little bit earlier today so some of you haven't e-mailed me yet, so I’m sorry if I miss you =[. This past Sunday I baptized somebody for the first time! We baptized the Mom of Sheina that we baptized about three weeks or so ago, Claudia. It was way awesome. Except that only the 5th time counted. It wasn't my fault though lol, there was like barely any water in the baptismal font so we had difficulties, i said the words correctly and everything. The hardest part was remembering her name, Claudia Maria Dos Santos Viera. It was another miracle that this baptism happened too, she has been looking for a job for 5 months and 2 days before her baptism she gets a job that works from Friday night until Monday morning. The enemy is a punk. My companion and i just ran after every option we had and it turned out that our ward mission leader had connections and he helped us free up Sunday for her so she could be baptized, we called our ZL's and they were like "You gotta be kidding me, why can't you people just baptize people that don't have problems?" - Ha. Then we all had a laugh because there is always a problem lol. Now we are teaching a guy who is married to a member and he will be baptized this Sunday. It was cool how I contacted them. I did a contact with the Member in the street and she just stopped and said, "Who sent you? Heavenly Father sent you huh?" She has been looking for the church in our area for like 3 months because they moved here a while back. I wrote down their address and said we would go talk with them during the week and show them where the church was; we thought they were both members. Then a few days later everything fell through. Nobody was letting us in and even our most firm investigators stood us up. We had no idea what was happening, I was like Oh C'mon! Then I told my companion that we should go talk to the members we met in the street and he said that was a good idea and so we headed to their house. We got there and the member was all excited and we talked with them a little while then we found out that Cesar wasn't a member and that he wanted to be baptized. So we taught him the first lesson, ate some cookies and left. Then it hit me, no wonder everything fell through, the only way we would have gone to their house that day was if it was a last resort. It was pretty cool. I just wished I realized that before I walked like 4 miles though lol =P Any ways tonight I’m going on splits with a 16 year old less active priest, we're going to teach two lessons, by ourselves. Yeesh, I think I might die haha. Alright I love you guys! Have a good week; say hi to the high docks for me!

Elder Romm


No comments:

Post a Comment