Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Friday, April 29, 2011

April 29, 2011

Hey Family!

So this past week has been rough.  I thought Easter would soften the hearts of the people to be more open to a message about Christ but I was so very wrong.  It seems like another tradition on Easter here involves large amounts of life destroying alcohol. And anybody can ask me and I will tell them that alcohol is exactly that, life destroying.  I've seen some stuff lately.

It turns out that i was right in my hunch that my companion would be transferred.  After a short 6 weeks I am with another companion!  This time he's a missionary I already knew very well.  Elder Hann!  I don't know if you guys remember but I talked about him a bunch in my first letters from when I got into the field.  He's from my group that came from the MTC.  He's from Arizona and he is a stud.  He has changed a lot since the last time a saw him a year ago.  He talks different and acts different and its like he's got fire in his eyes.  I'm pretty stoked.

I don't know if you guys remember about the deaf girl I talked about a few emails ago, but we taught her and her family again last night.  This time we had a young woman go with us that knew sign language so she could translate for us.  We had always felt the spirit very strongly when we taught this family but this only left us very confused because the family never made any progress but the lessons were always very edifying.  Last night we discovered exactly why.  We had to teach very slow and in the most simple language that we could.  Explaining every principle of the Restoration of the Gospel as clearly and basic as we could.  As we taught we felt and could almost see the spirit catching the words that came out of our mouths and thrusting them into the hearts of this family, especially Josiane who has a hearing problem.  I had never taught like that before and the spirit was extremely present.  I felt the greatest feeling of joy as I saw her understanding growing and how she accepted every truth we taught her so humbly and the joy that she showed in hearing and understanding the good news of the restoration.  She finally had the opportunity to express what she was feeling to us and to her family.  She told us about how she felt so different during all our lessons, that she felt the love of God during our lessons but she didn't know why.  She explained that the same feelings she had had during the other visits she was feeling again.  I took the opportunity to explain to the family that what she was feeling and what they were feeling was the Holy Ghost testifying that everything we taught was true and good.  My companion started to testify and he talked with a different tone in his voice.  It was like the voice of an apostle giving warning and declaring that Joseph Smith was called as a Prophet of God and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is exactly what it is, the only true and living church who's power, guidance and authority comes directly from the mouth of the Savior.  Nobody in that moment could deny it, I knew it was true and I know Josiane knew it.  She accepted to be baptised.

I am sooo happy that I have been baptised by someone having authority!  I am so happy that I have to right to the company of the Holy Ghost!  I am so grateful that I know what that means and that because of this knowledge I know exactly who I am, where I came from, why I'm here and where I'm going.  I am so grateful for the atonement and for knowing that despite all my errors may be as scarlet they may be white as wool because of the Savior.  And I'm even happier that I get to share this with others!  Especially my Family!  I love you guys! Every single one of you! 

Big Hugs
Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment