Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

May 18, 2011

Dear Mom and Dad,

This last weekend we baptized the deaf girl, it was really awesome.  She was baptized by the only other deaf member of the church in Curitiba and it was the first time this happened in our mission.  It was really cool.  I took some pictures but for some reason my adapter continues to be broken, i wish it would just fix itself already.

How has the visit been with all the little kids back at home?  Did you guys take some pictures to send to me? 

I have the assignment to speak this Sunday.  Its the third time i have to give a talk.  I was doing so well!  Every time it was time for the missionaries to speak i always got transferred.  I get to speak on how my testimony grows as i serve.  I don't know exactly how to prepare this one but I'll figure it out.  I'm a little nervous because these members in this ward are a little judgemental of the missionaries but if anything bad happens I'll use the "I'm foreign" excuse and it'll all work out.

I think there is a year and four month curse on the mission.  After last Friday I only have had dreams where I am in the airplane or I'm packing my bags or something extremely terrifying of the sort.  I think the spirit does this to keep you on your toes.  I'm not ready for this yet.

Have a great week and write me! 

I would like to ask something from you guys, i would like you all to write me your testimony this week and something nice you did for somebody, that would just make my month!

Love Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment