Called to Serve

January 13, 2010 - January 13, 2012

Friday, July 29, 2011

July 27th, 2011

Dear Family,

Well i have had a pretty sweet week.  We baptised my first Saturday in the area so that was like a sweet bonus all of a sudden.  His name is Daniel and he is a detective for the police.  He is like 6'3" and speaks perfect English.  It was pretty cool to teach him a little bit before his baptism.  I'll send the picture when i take it off my comps camera.

We've had so pretty interesting experiences lately.  We teach an English conversation class every Saturday afternoon.  Its basically us talking in English with whoever wants to come.  This last week we had Daniel and another guy.  And while we were talking with them we discovered that this other guy, Evandro, is the reining world champion Brazilian Ju jitsu fighter.  It was hilarious.  My companion was talking with him and we were thinking we had just misunderstood him but nope.  Elder Brown was said 'Wait, like champion champion?  Of the whole World?'  That's not somethin that happens everyday.  He already came to church and he's gunna come this week too.  Then a few days ago we were walking in the street and my companion did a contact with a young woman and then after talking a little with her we found out that she is the 'Miss Morreits', number one model of a nearby city.  We taught her about the Book of Mormon and she was very interested.  You get to meet a lot of cool people when you talk to everybody that passes you on the street haha. 

Well i am extremely tired.  We played basketball for the first time on my mission since the mtc.  My comp loves basketball too. 

So i saw those pics of brad and that one chick.  Was that Kayla?  If so she is more ripped than i am!  That is extremely depressing!  People always ask me if I'm the oldest boy in the family and when i say 'yes' they look at the picture of brad and jess and say, 'heh, ya but i bet you get your trashed kicked ay.'  Now if they find out that my little brother's girlfriend can beat me up too I'm done.

Alright well i haven't got much time left.  We are always running.  Everyone says that missionaries get tired at the end of the mission.  My companion missed that memo.

Love you guys!!  Have a great week! 
Elder Romm

No comments:

Post a Comment